So guys! We are getting closer now to the technical side of Business Intelligence !
Let me present you the architectural overview of BI tools.
Components of SQL Server
- Database Engine
- SSIS: SQL Server Integration Services
- SSAS: SQL Server Analysis Services
- SSRS: SQL Server Reporting Services
Architecture of SSRS
As we know SSRS is Reporting tool which means should have reach and fast user interface Primary Component.
Above diagram are self-explanatory, we can see report server fetching data for Users where we can also insert custom code if required.
Architecture of SSIS
- The run-time engine implements the control flow and package management infrastructure
- The data flow engine is a specialized, high performance engine that is exclusively dedicated to extracting, transforming, and loading data.
- Integration Services supports both native and managed code.
- The Integration Services service, monitors running Integration Services packages and manages the storage of packages.
Architecture of SSAS
Server Architecture for SSAS
For Multidimensional Data Architecture
Hope this helps!! :)